storm8 games, iphone games, iphone applications, world of warcraft, call of duty, multiplayer games
This feature is only available for VIP members.
StormATM StormATM Chat News Forum World War iMobsters Racing Live Kingdoms Live Vampires Live Zombies Live Ninjas Live Rock Battle Live Pets Live Bubble Mania World War Strategy And Guide Jewel Mania Game city story Game

74711 Total Members. 5 Members and 117 Guests currently online. 1922 ATM codes. and 0 confirmed ATM Events!
Welcome, Guest!
Home  »   StormATM Forum  »   Pets Live Forum  »  Topic view Recent Forum Posts

Page 1 THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED!
N1ghthawk
VIP Member
Beginning Pets Live guide.
Posted on May 6, 2011, 4:13 PM
Add this player to your Favorite List
Send a message to this player

Welcome to Pets Live. Infamously the greatest Storm8 game ever :P.  There’s a couple things that differentiate Pets Live from the other Storm8 games, that could mess up your gameplay if you don’t know about them.

When you start out, I recommend training the following pets: King, Tumbler, Hilo, and Torch. They offer a balance between attack and defense. Later on, when you choose a player style, you can adjust your pets accordingly. When doing so, I would recommend using this spreadsheet written by Supervolcano: http://immoforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2639 .

Allocate your first 10 SPs to defense. This will prevent anyone from farming you, which can be very bad at low levels as getting money is difficult when you start. After that, I would recommend adding as many ATM codes and recent player codes as you can. You’re going to need people in your crew later on, so you might as well go ahead and build up now.

Log in as much as you can, and do missions for cash. My advice is to keep going through missions until you reach rank 3 for that tab, then go on to the next. You get 1 SP for every time you master a mission, as well as a total of 12 SPs for completing a whole tab.

Unfortunately, the money provided from missions isn’t so great. To get more, you’re going to need to farm. Once you have those SPs invested in defense, go ahead and rank your ammo up to 10.  I’ll discuss battling and farming techniques a little bit later.

You’ll start out with 3 habitats unlocked. I would save up enough money to buy a couple of the second one (Don’t bother with the first… It’s a waste of $$). Then, start investing in the 3rd habitat unlocked until you’ve maxed the number of those (15). Until this point, you’ll find that you’ll be low on cash most of the time. Don’t worry though. That’ll soon change.

I'll post the next part of the guide in a little :)

NightHawk      Level 83     Team Code: CBVEW

N1ghthawk
VIP Member
Re: Beginning Pets Live guide.
Posted on May 6, 2011, 4:25 PM
Battle guide:

This section of the guide will deal with battle. Battle in Pets will seem confusing at first, but is no more complex than battle in the other games. When you battle, you’ll use four pets of your choice. Each of these Pets will use all available abilities you’ve trained as well.

There’s three main things you need to know about battle in Pets:

First: About your pets… You should train four different pets, each of a different element. When in battle, you’ll find that certain elements will be stronger or weaker against different ones. The battle flow goes like this:

Fire beats Air. Air beats Earth. Earth beats water. Water beats fire.

As soon as you’re given the ability to choose your battle order (level 10 I think). Choose this order: Water, Earth, Wind, Fire.

This order was created to be the exact opposite of the standard player’s, so you’ll beat them more often when attacking or defending.

Maybe you disagree with how that works out, but that’s how Storm8 has it. You should never have 2 pets of the same element that you’re training, as it makes you overly susceptible to attackers. D.

Also, NEVER slack off on ranking up Pets when you level. You’ll just look weak and get farm

Second: About your abilities… At first, it might seem that abilities have little impact on battle because their numbers will look small. As you train them (Your max rank for abilities will be 20 for quite a while..), their stats will increase, and you’ll start to see the benefit of them.

As with your pets, rank them up to the max whenever you’re given the opportunity

Third … About attacking technique: My favored attacking technique in Pets is known as farming. In other games, farming is very risky because people get mad. Fortunately, due to the massive amount of little five year olds playing this game, you won’t face very much retribution for farming a player (usually). Before attacking, look at your opponent’s pets. Only attack opponents whose Pets order is the weakest against your order. Once you’ve found this kind of player, attack away.

Next section of the guide comes out in a little J

Control
VIP Member
Posted on May 14, 2011, 4:34 AM
I started a new Pets on my wifes phone, and wanted to thank you for these comments.  It now gives me something to do while I camp my other games...

Good stuff!

Me - Again      Level 91     Team Code: CC843

Ronin
Super Woman
Posted on May 14, 2011, 3:58 PM

This order was created to be the exact opposite of the standard player’s, so you’ll beat them more often when attacking or defending.

Hawk, can you explain why the standard player has the order he does, how you determined that?  Obviously you noticed it so that you would select the order that would defeat it.

No player signature available.

SpeedySpeed
VIP Member
Posted on May 15, 2011, 12:07 AM

Nice font XD

Thanks for the guide NH, it should be of great use to beginners...now you need to ask storm to make it noticeable on the forum page.

0PetsLiveATM      Level 124     Team Code: S9ED2

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on May 15, 2011, 12:36 AM

@ Ronin,
  until you select tour battle order the highest attack point pet automatically goes first and so on down the line. and fire almost always has the highest attack in the lower lvls of the game.

LORDMAUL      Level 156     Team Code: W6V9K

N1ghthawk
VIP Member
Posted on May 15, 2011, 5:21 PM

In response to Ronin's comment regarding how I determined the best order... As a lower level player, I did a lot of looking, and saw that around 85% of players kept their first pet (Torch, a fire pet) as their top one.. Another 5% trained a different fire pet (usually spark or flint).

I then looked at their profiles, and saw the most used order (which also followed the order you get them in...), and selected an order that would combat them.

I feel the need to add that the order of your elements is Extremely important. I recently had some problems with a farmer who was a couple levels lower than me, but who had more crew and higher ranked pets than me. I then adjusted my pets to be the most effective against his. Here's the stats I got from that:

Before change:

My pets (in order): Octo, rank 145.... Leon, rank 150... Flutz, rank 148....Torch, rank 146... Order=water, earth, wind, fire 

Farmers' pets (in order): Toad, rank 175... Imago, rank 175...King, rank 175... Spark, rank 174... Order=earth, wind, water, fire

Attacks by farmer: 12 

Attacks where farmer won: 11

Attacks where farmer lost: 1 

After change: 

My pets (in order): Flutz, rank 150... Torch, rank 150... Leon, rank 150... Octo, rank 150.. Order-Wind, fire, earth, water

Farmers' pets: No change

Attacks by farmer: 13

Attacks where farmer won: 4

Attacks where farmer lost: 9

Well, that's a pretty big difference... Shows that the elements are an extremely strong factor.. His pets were ranked 25 levels over me, yet I was still winning most of his battles... He's ranked up some since he last attacked me (I bet he actually  bought points for this game...), so we'll see what happens next. 

Ronin
Super Woman
Posted on May 15, 2011, 5:29 PM
Oh my goodness! Something must be terribly wrong...

I am starting to understand Pets.....

Just starting, mind you... ;-)

SpeedySpeed
VIP Member
Posted on May 15, 2011, 8:06 PM

I don't even understand this whole "battle order" thing.

So I should be changing my order of pets frequently, correct?

N1ghthawk
VIP Member
Posted on May 15, 2011, 10:36 PM

Hehe... Ronin, start playing and you'll get addicted ;)

Speedy. You should change your pets depending on the most used order you see at your level. That way, you'll win the most battles..

I don't change my pets that frequently.. Just to ward off farmers. Otherwise,  my pets reflect the order which will best combat the most used sequence of Pets. 

Yolanda34
VIP Member
Posted on May 29, 2011, 5:25 PM
To all who reads the guide that N1ghthawk has so generously shared.

I started pets live in both my android and IPod (actually reset recently) and wanted to confirm to you all that the battle order selection comes at level 16 not level 10.

I just leveled to 16 on my android and finally I get to choose my battle selection.

JAWS44000      Level 141     Team Code: 3S7KJ

N1ghthawk
VIP Member
Posted on May 29, 2011, 6:31 PM
Ok. Until then, just choose whatever pets you like and be sure to max rank them. 

SpeedySpeed
VIP Member
Posted on May 29, 2011, 10:25 PM
I thought that didn't come until level 40...I could never find it...

Yolanda34
VIP Member
Posted on May 30, 2011, 2:34 AM

Just to make sure that I am correct, I am at level 12 for this account so I will keep an eye out for when I can choose my battle order. Also when I reached level 16, dr will comes up and asks me if I wanted to learn about the best way to set up my pets and then allowed me to select my battle order.

JAWS44000      Level 141     Team Code: 3S7KJ

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on May 30, 2011, 2:55 AM
battle order IS lvl 16, releasing a pet is lvl 40.

SpeedySpeed
VIP Member
Posted on May 30, 2011, 5:02 PM
Ah, ok, thanks for clearing it up. I focused on leveling at the early stage so I didn't even notice that feature was out that early.

N1ghthawk
VIP Member
Posted on May 30, 2011, 5:04 PM

* CORRECTION

If you complete all three ranks of mastery for one tab, you'll end up with a total of 24 skill points. 

SpeedySpeed
VIP Member
Posted on May 31, 2011, 9:07 PM
By "one-tab" do you mean one quest section?

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on June 1, 2011, 3:31 AM
so for completing all 3 ranks of the campus quests you should have 24 skill points accumulated if you havent spent any........

N1ghthawk
VIP Member
Posted on June 3, 2011, 1:25 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant Speedy.. Time for my ATM event now :) 

The excitement is killing me 

cpu999
Registered Member
Posted on June 16, 2011, 4:47 AM
if u want if just go to the official s8 forums

0cpu20      Level 49     Team Code: D6PKG

AgDad
VIP Member
Posted on July 9, 2011, 4:03 AM
Thank you NightHawk for the great guide.  It is nice to have a game that you can simply play and forget about the constant camping.

AgDad      Level 56     Team Code: FD5VH

swagattt
Registered Member
Posted on August 5, 2011, 4:56 AM
LOL it is funny that nobody complains if i farm them on Pets Live. All they do is post their code on my wall saying they want to be my allie. One more thing i get coments on my wall saying that they sooo love my ingame name.

NYAN CAT ExpATM      Level 52     Team Code: HVCXR

RIGGZ
Registered Member
Posted on August 6, 2011, 12:25 AM
@swagatt hehe well since the theme in pets is very chill and laid back i guess warring with somebody would be so stupid like really? your warrring in a pets game lol

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on August 6, 2011, 2:14 AM
i play by the same "rules" for all games. except in this game my rules are posted on my wall. and i love that i get called all sorts of names and get asked why i DL'd somebody, when it's only 1 or 2 post away from theirs. reading FAIL!

fenfaso
Registered Member
Posted on August 7, 2011, 1:54 AM

i hate this game! getting ready to reset it for the third time (4 characters total) and i took all my money out of the bank, invested skill points in health and activated my weakest animals. I have been randomly inviting people to attack me for wins and cash and  now all the sudden, everyone is NOT attacking for a change. my payouts are awesome! like 12 grand a pop. but i have had 7 mil floating for 3 days now and it has only dipped below into 6.999 teritory one time. c'mon, guys!!!! beat me up!!!! lol

camping      Level 74     Team Code: NUNYA

TSIPR
VIP Member
Posted on August 23, 2011, 12:16 AM

@Night,

Thanks for the very valuable information........Especially being a newbie........I'm sure it will help me to develop strategy as I progress......It's Just So Sloooooooowwww presently.....UGH>>>>>>>>>

WATER LION      Level 6     Team Code: 4HHKA

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on August 23, 2011, 3:34 AM
@ TSIPR
  like most all s8 games, this one does start out slow, but once you get going, theres not really any camping.

AgDad
VIP Member
Posted on August 23, 2011, 3:46 AM

Agreed Sith.  This and pets are the 2 games that you can frely do missions and attack without worrying about leveling. 

This is also a great guide and deserves to be kept near the top of the page.

AgDad      Level 56     Team Code: FD5VH

st8jump
VIP Member
Posted on August 24, 2011, 2:09 PM
When dismissing a pet, what happens?  Meaning what happens to the status of the pet...like is it reset to level 1 or is deleted from your team.  Just curious if you are able to keep or get the pet again.

Jmich      Level 130     Team Code: MDGUU

swagattt
Registered Member
Posted on August 25, 2011, 12:01 AM
@st8jump Only those pets that have been ranked up to lvl20 can be released. Lower lvl pets cannot be released. When you release a pet it is gone until u capture it again by doing missions (when you release the first pet u selected when starting the game it resets to lvl 1 but will remain with you). When you release a pet you do not get any money back. The money u invested in that pet is gone. 

st8jump
VIP Member
Posted on August 25, 2011, 2:38 AM
Thanks!  I had assumed something like that, but wanted to make sure before I started dismissing pets. 

Great quick and dirty info here, helped me quite a bit.

RIGGZ
Registered Member
Posted on August 25, 2011, 3:14 AM
it definitely helped us all 

RIGGZ
Registered Member
Posted on August 25, 2011, 3:14 AM
it definitely helped us all 

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on August 26, 2011, 2:15 AM
not that it will ever happen, but s8 really needs to redo the releasing of pets. at my lvl it costs about 20 million to upgrade just one pet up to my lvl. they should give you at least half of it back. the only thing gained from releasing a pet as it stands now is more income per hour since you are no longer paying upkeep on the released pet. which is a wash since most players release a pet just to replace it with a different one.

swagattt
Registered Member
Posted on August 27, 2011, 11:51 PM
And you cannot remove or lower your abilities which makes life as an ATM tough because not all players will able to attend your events even though u use your weakest pets.

DarkJedi
Registered Member
Posted on August 28, 2011, 1:37 AM
most can attend, but they may just not win. either way, it works out for the ATM.

LrdMalApprntce      Level 79     Team Code: CCD57

swagattt
Registered Member
Posted on August 28, 2011, 2:31 AM
@DarkJedi LOL yeah free wins

st8jump
VIP Member
Posted on August 28, 2011, 4:07 AM
For anyone else that might have a facepalm moment like me....release pet is at the bottom of the pet tab if you scroll down.

TSIPR
VIP Member
Posted on August 28, 2011, 4:50 AM

I fully overlooked this bit of knowledge and did not know anything about releasing a pet......I just level them all up as them become unlocked.....Because of the money just sitting there......I'm sure that will change as I level a bit more.....

This game does hold a lock of Easter Eggs.........

DarkLords
Registered Member
Posted on August 29, 2011, 7:36 PM
Hi st8jump, I didn't find the bottom to release the pet.

Darklords      Level 82     Team Code: 7WKD2

TSIPR
VIP Member
Posted on August 29, 2011, 11:44 PM

DarkLords,

Read back through the threads on this post.  You will see what level the Pet is released and when the button will appear and also what level you will be able to arrange your pets for battle......

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on August 30, 2011, 2:30 AM
as an ATM in this game, i lvl quite a few of my pets up to 19, the lvl before they start to acrue upkeep. shortly before event time i lvl the ones i'm using for the event, release and then go capture them again at lvl 1. pretty soon i won't have to do this anyone, the rank 4 introduction caused most of my low lvl pets to lvl against my will. :( 

DarkLords
Registered Member
Posted on August 30, 2011, 12:41 PM

Thanks TSIPR! I'm new in all these games (less than a month) and I'm learning that the way is having highest incomes.

TSIPR
VIP Member
Posted on August 30, 2011, 11:45 PM
DarkLords....Your welcome......When I first read through the threads.......It was a bit confusing....and then I realized that there was a bit of erroneous info also......Had to weed out.....Get the correct info......

sithlord007
Registered Member
Posted on August 31, 2011, 1:17 AM

yeah, i see a lot posting, just for the sake of posting, i think. but if you read through, a lot of threads you'll see that there is a "core" group that posts often with the intent of actually helping other players and not misleading them.

TSIPR
VIP Member
Posted on August 31, 2011, 3:23 AM

@Sith,

Yeah for the Core.......I guess I was confused with editing practices for an instruction guide......That's all....

DarkLords
Registered Member
Posted on August 31, 2011, 11:43 AM

You are right! Because of this competition to win prizes by participating in the site, I see repeated messages for the user to add more points. Unfortunately, or fortunately for us, there are some ones who seek help and write good advices. Thank you both TSIPR and Sith.

st8jump
VIP Member
Posted on September 1, 2011, 3:41 PM

Was going to ask this here (since I didn't think it would be a mastery tab loot reward), then found it on google. 

How can you level your abilities above rank 20?  The ability is awarded after completing the rank 2 mastery in the mountains mission tab.

Page 1 THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED!

Current GMT Time:
Terms of Service      |      Help & Support      |      Make a Donation      |      Sitemap